By visiting the Site or using any of our services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Snappy Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You:
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You:
The information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site. We collect information from you when you register with us, receive gifts through the services, and communicate with us. For our corporate customers, to register you must provide your name and email address. If you are a gift recipient, we will collect shipping information, including your name, address, phone number and email address.
Information We Collect from Third Parties:
If you are a gift recipient, we will collect your name and email address, we may also collect your phone number, gender, birthday and work anniversary from the gift sender / company you are employed at.
Information We Collect Automatically:
We automatically collect information about your use of our services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view on the Site; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information (collectively “information”), for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To notify you when a gift sender sends you a gift.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program and promotions that we may run from time to time.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
How We Share Your Information:
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Snappy Gift Recipients. We will share your name, address and contact information with companies we source our gifts from and shipping agents in order to ship you the gift you select. We will also share your gift selection with the gift sender so the sender may complete the transaction or with the company you are employed at.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you and information that we collect about your gift recipients to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, App, and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies. - Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising on third-party sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function. Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics:
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information:
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee security.You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information:
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of our promotional communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13:
Our Site is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy:
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.