According to a new survey from Snappy Gifts, 64% of employees say employee recognition and appreciation is more important while working from home.
Yet only one out of five employees (26%) say their company has implemented new ways to reward and recognize them since the current pandemic started.
Why is it important?
Seven out of 10 employees (73%) believe that recognition and rewards motivate their work ethic and productivity.
Nearly half of employees surveyed (43%) believe stay-at-home orders have had a negative affect on their workplace culture.
How do employees wish to be recognized?
Some of the top ways employees wish to be recognized by their employer during WFH include receiving WFH gifts and customized masks. Others asked for a better work-life balance.
Here’s a rundown from the survey:
1. “A nice handwritten note or email from my manager”
2. “Work from home gifts”
3. “Take into account kids at home”
4. “Send UberEats gift cards”
5. “Pay for internet”
6. “Give us bonus money”
7. “Give us half days off on Fridays since we’re working longer hours and always plugged in”
8. “Ask us how we feel and what we need”
9. “I wish they had given us some money for office supplies to help us set-up a home office”
10. “Allow different timetables since people have different schedules and needs”
11. “Provide more ‘mental health days’ off”
12. “Give more positive feedback or verbal expressions of appreciation”
13. “Order masks with pictures of our family, or pop culture things like superheroes or band logos”
14. “Acknowledge work-life balance”
15. “Virtual social hours would be wonderful”
16. “Award me time off for future use once we safely return to the office”
17. “Promote coworker recognition programs”
18. “Do happy hours where they pay to have food and drinks delivered”
19. “Buy us lunch once a week”
20. “Provide more opportunities to be a greater part of the business”
21. “I wish they could make evaluations more frequently now, so we know if things are working out or if we need changes”
22. “Try to keep things as normal/same as possible”
23. “Better communication about the office space and future plans”
24. “I wish they would pay our essential workers more”
25. “Check in with the mental health and well-being of employees”
Snappy’s findings are based on data provided by SurveyMonkey. Conducted in July 2020, 1,031 respondents participated in this survey, representative of men and women in the workforce in the UnitedStates.